Reuters - Mandatory Sustainability Reporting: What is on the horizon?
What are the most important mandatory ESG reporting requirements currently in place around the world, and what’s around the corner?
In a world increasingly filled with geopolitical disruption, the impact of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues on businesses is becoming greater than ever. At the same time, pressures are increasing for companies to closely monitor their impact on the wider world, raising the demand for transparent and consistent reporting frameworks.
Across the globe, we are now witnessing an unprecedented shift away from voluntary ESG disclosures to mandatory ones.
In this essential report, Workiva and Reuters examine the scope and impact of current and upcoming key requirements, including:
- The EU's existing Non-Financial Reporting Directive (NFRD)
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions targets
- The Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD)
- The EU Taxonomy
- The International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB)
- Plans from the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)