Make Your Voice Heard at the Workiva User Conference
The Workiva User Conference is many things—a hub of education, an industry networking event, a place to mingle with thought leaders, and a way to earn 15+ CPE credits in just a few days. This year, it is even more than that.
For the past four years, the conference has also been connecting Wdesk users with Workiva developers to make their visions for the future of Wdesk a reality.
These dreams come to life in the Idea Lab and are guided by one single mantra: our users are the best people to know what we should be building.
The Idea Lab was conceived to give Wdesk users the opportunity to share their ideas and collaborate with Workiva interaction designers, product managers, and developers to enhance Wdesk. If one person has the idea for a desired feature or an improvement to an existing feature, it is likely that many others also have the same idea.
The way it works is simple:
- Wdesk users are invited to stop by the Idea Lab during the conference to create a sketch of their ideas on paper or an iPad®
- After submitting an idea, the user is paired with an interaction designer who will mock up the idea within Wdesk to show what it would look like as if it had been created within the application
- These designs are then displayed in the Idea Lab
- All conference attendees are encouraged to vote on the idea they would most like to see incorporated into Wdesk
After the conference ends, the developers get to work making these requests a reality.
In past years, we have received hundreds of feature requests through the Idea Lab—2017 was a record year, with 285 ideas submitted!
From the 2017 Idea Lab, we took your feedback to focus on a few key changes in Wdesk. Based on your suggestions, here are a few ideas we have been working on:
- Wdesk tabs open on two monitors — interacting with classic documents and workbooks across two screens
- Blacklines between files — comparing content between two similar but unique documents
- Perfect export — sharing Wdesk files through Microsoft® Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files with third-party partners who do not have Wdesk access
Make your voice heard—attend the Workiva User Conference in Nashville, Sept. 19–21, and be sure to stop by the Idea Lab to submit your ideas.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
About the Author
Mitz Banarjee is the Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Officer. Over the past 20 years, he has been heavily involved with technology companies of all sizes at an operational level driving customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.