INTERNAL CONTROLS MANAGEMENT
Transform internal controls design, testing, and reporting.
Connect risk and control information across your enterprise or agency. Achieve greater efficiency and transparency with Workiva.
Modernize your scoping and risk assessment process
Increase transparency of information in a single, scalable environment. Accelerate decisions during the planning period to determine scope for testing for various requirements, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Leverage a common framework for risk and controls
- Add or update risks and controls without disrupting your process
- Communicate without email on integrated comments and workflow
- Save time by collecting, aggregating, and reporting on all risks in a single platform
- Enable control owners to make updates directly to the RCM, all with full visibility and approval by your team
Ensure consistent data across documentation
Create a central repository of internal controls to drive instant updates to process narratives and flowcharts as changes are made.
Streamline internal control design
- Collaborate in real time with directed comments and tasking features
- Link your RCM data fields to narratives and flowcharts
- Track history of changes made to documents with a complete audit trail
- Grant role-based permissions to process owners, control owners, and audit teams
- Integration with Microsoft Office 365® allows for access, review, and recalculations of files in native formats without downloading files
Office 365 is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
End-to-end testing in a single platform
Built-in workflow automates evidence collection and control testing. Manage supporting evidence requests, and track responses and approvals with a real-time dashboard.
Optimize your testing workflow, and increase transparency
- Monitor progress, and stay on schedule with time tracking
- Attach samples directly to testing sheets, annotate, and communicate test findings
- Optimize testing with random sampling via single or bulk tasks
- Simplify markup with drag-and-drop annotations
- Easy, guided roll forward process
Create dynamic and informative reports and dashboards
Risk intelligence at your fingertips. Gain line of sight into your program, and guarantee accurate reporting to stakeholders across your organization or agency.
Deliver in-depth and real-time data
- Views driven by live data, such as issues tracking, status reporting, COSO mapping, and more
- Create personalized and ad hoc reports
- Drill down into supporting data for dashboards and reports
- Deliver data directly to business owners via user-centric reports
Automate the certification process
Meet deadlines and improve compliance. Establish a connected, repeatable process that is efficient, timely, and transparent.
Built-in sign-off and certification
- Customize certifications to your company's or agency's workflow and deadlines
- Personalize views for stakeholders to receive and validate controls and sign letters
- Leverage letter templates, schedule reminders, and increase process visibility with robust tracking
- Empower signers and approvers to review, attach support, and sign off from any device
Workiva Established as A Leader in the Forrester Wave™
When evaluated among 15 vendors, Workiva received the highest score possible in the criteria of audit management, interoperability (integrations), planned enhancements, and vision.
Workiva gives our management team the comfort and transparency that their internal controls are in place, tested, and no material weaknesses are present for signoff.
More ways to get the most from our platform.
Analyst ReportThe Forrester Wave: Governance, Risk, and Compliance Platforms, Q3 2021
When evaluated among 15 vendors, Workiva scored highest in the strategy category in The Forrester Wave: Governance, Risk, and Compliance Platforms, Q3 2021. Read the full report.
BlogDocumenting Internal Control over Financial Reporting
In light of recent SEC enforcement actions, critical audit matters, and the pandemic, it's clear that effective internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) has never been more important to get right. Here's what compliance officers can consider.
Customer StoryAll In: Solenis Signs on to Use Workiva Across the Enterprise
Controller Jordan Brackett had an idea to use a single platform to manage global statutory reporting, tax reporting, monthly operational reporting, financial reporting, and internal controls. Today, he's leading the global company Solenis in using Workiva to achieve his vision. Read the case study.