While many of us were thinking about the pandemic last year, 2020 also brought an explosion of focus on ESG reporting by the capital markets and regulators alike. Although ESG was historically handled by corporate communication or even marketing teams, it’s now broadening to squarely include the office of the CFO—particularly as finance teams’ most important constituencies are asking for ESG disclosures.
In this session, we’ll discuss why ESG is increasingly top-of-mind for capital markets and regulators, and what this means for finance teams. Panelists from Salesforce, PwC, and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) will share their insights on the emergence of ESG. We’ll also explore how ESG can be a competitive advantage for your company—and how you can embrace ESG best practices to stay ahead of the curve and advance your career.
After this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Explain why ESG reporting is increasingly important to the capital markets
- Describe the current conditions that have put ESG at the forefront of regulators
- Identify the types of data and ways to ensure data quality that is relevant for ESG reporting
- Consider how your company's approach to ESG can create a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Recognize how taking on ESG ownership can transform skill sets and elevate careers