Finding Your Voice: Can We Prevent Another Enron?
Hear the in-depth story of one of the largest corporate frauds in history, right from the people at the heart of the scandal.
Attend the SOX & Internal Controls Professionals Group Summit to hear Enron whistleblower Sherron Watkins share insights into exposing Enron and how to find your voice in a difficult environment. Joining Sherron is David Peavler, Director of the SEC’s Fort Worth Regional office, who will discuss how far we’ve come since the Enron scandal and what still needs work.
Together, we'll explore issues—including the legality and morality of Enron’s actions and what the Enron scandal and Sherron’s experience would have looked like today.
After this event, attendees will be able to:
- Review how your company escalates compliance and ethical concerns raised by employees
- Recognize that rules cannot cover every scenario and there is some degree of trusting your instinct
- Compare and contrast past compliance scandals with more recent events
- Outline steps the SEC has taken to protect whistleblowers and prevent accounting and compliance deficiencies and fraud
- Explain how a more open dialogue with the SEC can be beneficial
1.5 ethics credits are available, compliments of Workiva.