Preparing Quarterly and Annual Financial Reports with Wdesk
How Jim uses Wdesk
- To generate quarterly reports, Jim now brings data from Excel ® into Wdesk. Once in place, documents and workbooks are linked, so if a number changes in one place, all related data points are automatically updated, increasing efficiency.
- Linked data helps him control which contributing documents affect different areas of the report. For example, Worksheet A can affect Section I of a report without affecting Section II.
- Once all of the information and data are in place, Jim uses the milestone feature of the built-in document history when reviewing the report. It helps the company ensure it's hitting targets in an easy-to-read, simple fashion.
- Jim is interested in further implementation across departments because of the ability to link reports between multiple departments.
- The controller loves the new turnaround time, in addition to the quality of the report. "It's a much easier turnaround to draft in Wdesk than it would be in Excel or Word," Jim says.
- He also appreciates the customer service he receives as a Workiva customer. His Customer Success Manager is always available for training, and periodic check-ins are par for the course.
- Jim says the ability to link documents has greatly increased efficiency. Being able to change one number and have a chart in another place subsequently update is extremely helpful.
Word and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Some names and identifying details have been changed to protect the privacy of individuals.