- Version control
- Disconnected spreadsheets and documents
- Time-consuming manual updates
- Streamlined collaboration, with internal and external collaborators always having the latest version in the cloud
- Linked data for consistency and traceability of data
- Completed the IPO process in four months
Why They Chose Workiva
- Capital Market Transactions
- SEC Reporting
- Management Reporting
No time for manual updates or multiple versions on a tight IPO timeline
The financial reporting team at Weave Communications worried that coordinating an initial public offering using traditional office software would be problematic, from managing multiple versions of drafts to tracking disconnected Word and Excel files and updating late-changing numbers by hand.
We couldn't believe we waited so long to use the Workiva platform
After implementing the Workiva solution for financial statements, Jordan’s team experienced how the platform simplified collaboration among internal and external contributors and reviewers—and knew Workiva would have the right solution for working through an IPO.
- Underwriters, external counsel, and Weave could work together remotely during drafting sessions within the Workiva platform
- They could collaborate “on the fly,” in real time
- Anyone with the right permissions always had access to the latest version of a document, without waiting for a file to sync or come back from a printer
- They could link data points and text across spreadsheets and documents, so they could update information in one spot and automatically update it wherever it was linked across the S-1
So easy to hit deadlines, with the accuracy the IPO process demands
Weave Communications met deadlines for going public after its kickoff organizational IPO meeting.
Request a demo at workiva.com/request-demo to see how to simplify capital market transactions with Workiva.