Wdesk for state board reporting
- Becca's team used board book software and then moved to SharePoint® and OneNote® to create reports for monthly board meetings.
- The board book software was expensive, and board members had trouble managing multiple account logins when using SharePoint.
- The team struggled to upload documents to the two programs.
- The board was concerned about the switch to Wdesk because of previous confidentiality and security problems with its current software.
Why Wdesk works for this state government
- Becca's team includes everything from agendas to supporting documents for economic development projects in the board binder every month.
- The reports complied in Wdesk contain 40 to 50 documents of various types and page lengths.
- Becca estimates that the board administrator only spends a few hours compiling documents into the digital binder because the information is rolled forward from month to month.
- Board members have expressed that they love the direct commenting feature—it allows them to collaborate and bring up questions before the meeting begins.
- The team has gained peace of mind now that confidential government documents are more secure, and the overall board reporting process has improved since switching to Wdesk.
- The single sign in feature of Wdesk has eliminated frustrations with logging in to documents.
- Becca and her team are extremely happy with the customer service they receive from Workiva—praising the responsiveness and problem-solving ability of their CSM.
- The state government is planning on expanding its use of Wdesk into even more monthly reports.