A Smooth S-1 Filing With Wdesk
- After filing its initial S-1 with a financial printer, this small reporting team at a food service company chose to use Wdesk for its subsequent S-1, quarterly, and annual filings after hearing about the advantages.
- As a young company, the director of financial reporting, controller, and CFO were excited to use a more progressive method to create their filings.
- The team looked forward to using cloud-based software, thanks in part to the positive Wdesk reviews the director of financial reporting heard from former colleagues.
How the team used Wdesk
- The company imported the S-1 into Wdesk and began work on the subsequent S-1 tagged with XBRL.
- The team's Professional Services Manager (PSM) tagged and reviewed the entire S-1, and its Customer Success Manager (CSM) helped throughout the entire process from importing to filing with the SEC.
- General counsel was able to view the most recent version and directly edit the document.
- The familiar user interface of Wdesk allowed the team to become comfortable with it quickly.
- The team's CSM was helpful throughout and is always available to answer questions.
- The transition from a financial printer to Wdesk was simple. Through this process, the team gained more control and no longer had to worry about late-breaking changes after the document had been turned over to external vendors.
- Outsourcing the XBRL tagging process to Workiva went smoothly and quickly. The team was impressed that Workiva employees were so knowledgeable and were able to quickly answer questions. As a result, the team now has a better understanding of XBRL.
- The director of financial reporting's favorite feature is the blackline because any two versions of the document can be easily compared to show changes. She likes that milestones identify different, important points within the document.
- General counsel enjoys using Wdesk because all edits are made digitally.
- Even though the team doesn't use its CSM as much as it used to, he's still a great resource and checks in frequently.
- As the team continues to grow, the financial reporting manager plans to scale Wdesk to accommodate the team's needs.