- Why Wdesk
Financial Reports, Presentations to the Board
Debbie's external financial reporting team previously used PowerPoint® to create presentations for the board of directors that contain operational updates like production data. She and her team manually copied and pasted information from Excel®.
- Debbie's external financial reporting team previously used PowerPoint® to create presentations for the board of directors that contain operational updates like production data. She and her team manually copied and pasted information from Excel®.
- To draft monthly face statements, Debbie's team printed the previous month's report from Excel and made handwritten edits. The changes were then manually keyed throughout the month before the final version was ready.
- Throughout the process, Debbie's team was forced to delegate aspects to different people. A team member could only work on his or her part, and no overlap was possible with the old system.
How Debbie uses Wdesk
- With the linking feature in Wdesk, information automatically updates across all documents and presentations as soon as new data is keyed in—without the hassle of handwritten notes. Now, Debbie says the presentations her group makes to the board of directors go seamlessly, and the team has peace of mind knowing that all data is correct and up to date.
- The external financial reporting team exports the final version of the report from Wdesk and distributes it via email as a PDF to the necessary recipients.
- Debbie and her team now have more time at the end of a project to revise and work on the appearance of the final product.
- Debbie estimates that her team saves about an hour per report since they've switched to Wdesk.
- Because the transition to Wdesk went so well, the board of directors never even noticed a change was made. Life is much easier when creating the reports.
- The accuracy of reports and presentations has increased. Debbie feels much more comfortable her reports are correct than she did before Wdesk.
- The linking feature eliminates the need to change a number in multiple places and reduces the chance of error caused by forgetting to update a document.
Some names and identifying details have been changed to protect the privacy of individuals.
PowerPoint and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.