Why Wdesk works for the internal audit team
- Process owners and control owners can attach their own supporting documentation directly to where the team is testing, which helps streamline the PBC process for the team because they no longer have to field emails with supporting attachments.
- “One of the biggest things for me was the linking. We have one source of truth; we are updating everything in one place,” the internal audit manager says.
- External auditors can easily access Wdesk through the cloud themselves rather than having the team send supporting documentation or input data for them.
- Process owners can clearly see the status and progress of SOX testing through the company’s custom dashboards.
The team's results
- The manager says the audit committee presentations are much less stressful for her because she is able to create them using a Wdesk dashboard as opposed to AlignAlytics, Excel®, and PowerPoint® and risking not having the most current data.
- Instead of spending a lot of time on the PBC process, internal audit can focus the saved time on more on-site audits and operational audits.
- Internal audit team members believe that working with a more efficient solution will help them meet their goal of spending only 50–60 percent of their time on SOX rather than the almost 70 percent that was previously dedicated to their SOX process.
Excel and PowerPoint are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.