- Why Wdesk
MBA Executive Internship Program
MBA Executive Internship Program
At Workiva, we started with an idea: make complex collaboration easy. We’re building an amazing product that is already used by thousands of organizations around the globe, including over 65% of the Fortune 500. We are seeking world-class executive interns to lead the way for some of our newest market initiatives.
Our 10-week internship program during the summer of 2016 offers you the opportunity to influence and directly impact the strategic direction at Workiva.
You'll gain experience working in a cutting-edge organization that is changing the way businesses work. Are you ready to make an impact and gain exposure to leading marketing practices?
The top 5 reasons to choose Workiva:
We are ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ list. Working here will offer you multiple opportunities to solve complex problems. You will learn a lot. You will lead the way.
3. Make a difference
Our MBA Executive Program is built around tangible objectives that need to be delivered on the 10-week time frame. You'll make recommendations that impact the strategic direction of the company directly to our Executive Team. You have the autonomy to lead.
4. Bold vision
We are building products that change the way businesses collaborate. Trusted by over 65% of the Fortune 500 and built for the enterprise, Wdesk helps mitigate risk, improve productivity, and gives users confidence to make decisions with real-time data.
Work across multiple groups and diverse industries. Build relationships with professionals across the globe, and grow your career.
Product Marketing and Advance Planning Intern
The primary responsibility of the Advance Planning Team (APT) is to help grow the total addressable market for the company by focusing efforts on opportunities that are 12 to 18 months away from implementation. This team is the intrapreneurial hub of the company. While identifying new initiatives, markets and use cases, APT provides consulting and management support to Marketing and Sales. It identifies emerging market opportunities, works with operational groups to define channel strategies, and creates a plan toward achieving revenue goals.
Do you have the desire to help us identify new markets? Are you looking for an opportunity to have a voice in our marketing strategy from beginning to end? Are you ready to make an impact as well as gain exposure to leading marketing philosophies and practices?
Our 10-week internship program (Summer 2016) will offer the opportunity to influence and directly impact the strategic direction at Workiva. Working alongside teams across the organization (Product Development, Product Marketing, Solutions Management, and Sales), you'll play a critical role in researching and presenting your recommendation directly to our Executive Team. The program will also offer the opportunity to gain experience working in a cutting-edge organization that is changing the way businesses work.
What You'll Do:
- Gain understanding on how on-going products are developed, packaged, priced, and sent to market with a holistic view of go to market strategy.
- Build business plan around how Workiva should onboard specific industry or markets (i.e., Oil & Gas, Utilities, Healthcare, Government )
- Recommend go-to-market strategies based on your project learning by developing 4P framework, channel strategy, SWOT, and TAM for new markets.
- Present plan and recommendation to the Executive Team
What You’ll Need:
- Pursuing MBA or similar area of study
- Aptitude for consulting
- Some travel required
Awards and recognition
- Workiva recognized as a Great Place to Work and Ranks #6 on Fortune Magazine's 50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie list
- Workiva Ranked as One of the Fastest Growing Companies in North America on Deloitte’s 2015 Technology Fast 500™ List
- Workiva Named Top 20 Enterprise Risk Management Solution Providers of 2015
- Workiva Wins 2015 GRC Innovation Award for Wdesk Platform
- Workiva Named Software Company of the Year and Technology Company of the Year at Tenth Annual Prometheus Awards
My job is amazing. I’m given pretty much free rein to do what I do best, which is create. I never thought I would love writing for a cloud-based app, but here I am. The best part of coming in to work is the amazingly talented people I get to work with. The orange juice machine is cool, too.