Workiva Named One of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials by Fortune Magazine
With the changing dynamics of the world and the changing needs of our workforce, meeting and exceeding employee expectations is becoming harder (and harder) for companies. And the battle for talent is real!
Millennials, who make up 20% of the global workforce and 66% of Workiva's workforce, have changed the workplace. It’s been said that millennials are the most educated generation, the most passionate about health and wellness, the most vocal when it comes to advocating for change, the most concerned about the environment, highly connected and tech savvy, and they hold the bar high for what they expect from their employers.
That's why we are so honored to be recognized for the sixth time as one of the Fortune® Best Workplaces for Millennials.
As a company on a mission to make the world a better place, it all starts with our employees. Here are a few ways we're creating a workplace that's a great place to work for all:
- We’re strengthening our communities. All Workiva employees receive 8 hours of volunteer time off (VTO) annually to give back to a cause they are passionate about. As of June 30, employees have logged a total of 2,000 hours of VTO. This year we also held our first-ever Workiva Day of Service on March 17 where employees were given additional time to volunteer and together we logged nearly 3,000 volunteer hours!
- We’re expanding care for our employee’s mental health. We recently invested in Modern Health, a new benefit to support the mental wellbeing of all employees (at no cost to them). Six months into our partnership, 32% of Workivians are users. On February 25, we also had a company designated Mental Health Day to give everyone the opportunity to take a break from work. Being a part of a global organization means that holidays don’t always overlap and while we may be out of the office, colleagues in other countries may not. A company-wide shut-down gave us all the chance to recharge.
- We’re growing our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging programs. In April, we shifted from Employee Resource Groups to Business Employee Resource Groups (BERGs) to better support employees and align with our company goals. The seven new BERGs - Black, Asian, Hispanic, Women, Rainbow, Veterans and Disabilities - are available to all employees for membership and allyship. Further, our attention on expanding diversity and inclusion practices is bringing results: one example is the fact that we continue to see growing diversity in our demographics.
- We’re leading ESG in our industry. ESG aligns not only with our mission to power transparent reporting for a better world, but also with so many issues that our employees are passionate about. There’s a lot of excitement around our continued investment in our platform’s ESG capabilities and the ways we’re elevating our own ESG practices at Workiva.
- We’re having a lot of fun! Each month there are new ways we engage with our fellow Workivians across the globe. From in-office celebrations to virtual events, we find meaningful ways to celebrate company performance, diversity, innovation, awards, and each other.
I could (obviously!) go on and on as there are so many things that make Workiva a great place to work for all. We care so much about building our culture and creating this environment because of the positive impacts on our employees, our customers, our company, and the planet.
Together, we’re powering transparent reporting for a better world.