Workiva Named Category Leader
Filings Made Easy Utilizing the SEC Reporting Solution
December 15, 2011
Filing accurately and on time with the SEC is critical to your company...and to your career. Whether you're a CFO, controller, or external financial reporting manager, both your personal and your company's reputations depend upon the accurate and up-to-date financial statements you file with the SEC. Those who work with the financials on a daily basis know that preparing financial statements to file with the SEC is stressful enough without having to juggle 11th hour changes to your documents. Companies that do not utilize a built-in application like Wdesk External Reporting Solution, are at the mercy of their service provider to help manage and file their EDGAR HTML, XBRL exhibits, and other financial documents. Working back and forth with a service provider until the financial documents are accurate and ready to file is cumbersome enough without having to deal with an imposed pencils down period. In addition, companies are often placed in a queue by external service providers to make last-minute changes to their financial documents and to file with the SEC. External business reporting teams face many difficult, stressful situations when it's time to file and find themselves asking:
- What happens if our CFO calls at the last-minute requesting a numeric or text change to our financial documents?
- Do we have enough time to edit, review and approve those financial documents before filing or will we have to file an amendment?
- What if the audit committee meeting produces a required change?
- How do I ensure that I have the ability to make the change and still file when we are required?
- How can I ensure that my financial documents are filed accurately and on time?
- Can we file on a particular day and time that we determine?