4 ways to get the most out of the Wdesk user conference
The countdown is on—there are less than three months until the Wdesk user conference in Las Vegas.
Join us Sept. 19–21 at The Exchange Community 2017 for exclusive industry thought leadership, one-on-one Wdesk training, and the opportunity to create meaningful connections with professionals from across the country.
Here are just a few of the things you have to look forward to at TEC 2017.
1. Take your conference experience to new heights
We have a challenge for you: think beyond what you already know about Wdesk.
We guarantee that you, one of your colleagues, or your entire department could benefit by using Wdesk for something more than you already are. Explore different Wdesk features and use cases by attending any of our 55+ sessions. You can earn up to 15 CPE credits while learning new ways to improve your processes.
2. New hands-on sessions and moderated roundtable sessions
Explore new capabilities offered in Wdesk, or expand your use of the platform. These one-hour instructor-led sessions will be available during regular conference breakout sessions. Here are a few of the hands-on sessions that will be offered:
- XBRL Calculation Relationships or XBRL Tagging Beyond Basic Concept Selection
- Wdesk Spreadsheets
- Workflow, Tasking, and Certification
- What's New for Advanced SOX Workflow and Testing
Roundtable discussions will be led by product experts and industry thought leaders. A sample of sessions includes:
- Modernizing Your Proxy
- Performance Reporting Best Practices
- Beyond SOX—Using Wdesk for Audit Management
3. New general session format
We are packing everything you need to know and inspiring stories into two general sessions.
Tuesday's general session will highlight all the new features and updates coming to Wdesk. A customer favorite, this topic will be presented by Workiva executives and product teams.
On Wednesday, U.S. astronaut Scott Kelly will join us for the closing general session. During his epic "Year in Space," Scott captivated the world while laying the groundwork for the future of space travel and exploration. Now, he brings awe-inspiring stories from space and personal reflections on leadership, teamwork, and testing limits to TEC. The location for TEC 2018 will also be revealed—you won't want to miss this announcement!
4. Explore new features in the Wdesk Lounge, and engage with Wdesk experts
Get the most out of TEC 2017 in the restructured Wdesk Lounge:
- Have your specific Wdesk questions answered at the Experts Bar
- Meet the developers who build Wdesk in the Idea Lab, and help craft the direction of Wdesk
- Learn how to leverage new functions and features through conversations with Workiva employees and other Wdesk users
- Explore the different focus areas of Wdesk, including integrated risk, enterprise platform, finance and accounting, and regulatory reporting
- Talk to our valued sponsors about how to take your process above and beyond
- Visit the Success Center to learn about the Wdesk Community, best practices, and how others use Wdesk, so you can share with your team when return to the office
- Check out our new sponsor exhibits—join a community of Workiva business partners, and learn from their expertise in accounting and finance, risk and compliance, and SEC reporting
Can't wait for The Exchange Community 2017? Neither can we. Register now, and you can start building your agenda to get the most out of TEC.
About the Author
Mitz Banarjee is the Executive Vice President and Chief Customer Officer. Over the past 20 years, he has been heavily involved with technology companies of all sizes at an operational level driving customer satisfaction and customer loyalty.