The current crisis and its long-term implications are forcing finance and accounting organizations to reassess their strategies and underlying processes to ensure ongoing sustainability.
With a few virtual closes now under their belts, teams have experienced firsthand the challenges of closing with a distributed workforce. Now it’s time to focus on documenting lessons learned—identifying potential gaps and risks and uncovering ways to improve existing systems to prepare for the next remote close.
During this webinar, Trintech, Workiva & KPMG discuss:
- Finance and accounting departments are not immune to the difficulties presented by remote work
- Through polling questions, Cohen & Co. determined the three biggest opportunities to enhance performance related to finance and accounting activities during a pandemic
- FP&A departments can use cloud-based tools to better prepare for the audit and streamline close procedures without ever having to step into the office
- The COVID-19 pandemic left many industries reeling and wondering how to operate in the new normal with shrinking teams and tight budgets
- You may be looking for cost efficiencies anywhere you can—including maximizing every existing accounting and finance resource you already have
- Workiva users in these industries share their experiences using the connected platform to stay together and on target, even during disruptive times
- In a quickfire Q&A, we asked David McGuire of the financial advisory firm Embark about asset impairment in uncertain times
- Embark, a Workiva partner, solves problems for CFOs and their teams
- The firm consults on matters including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, technical accounting, capital market transactions, SEC reporting, due diligence, and financial processes
Learn how Workiva can help your statutory reporting process during the COVID-19 outbreak. Plus, see practical steps statutory controllers can take to maintain control while working remotely. Follow the simple checklist to help streamline your statutory reporting process as we adapt to the new normal.